miles turned 4 on august 4. 4 yeah 4, i can't believe it either. my baby is not a baby anymore.
david and i decided a while back that we were going to take miles to disneyland for his 4th birthday. and we were so glad we did, we had an amazing time. thanks to joanna, we decided to get a babysitter on miles' actual birthday and take just him to the park. also a big thanks to meri for watching maisy for us. i was really able to enjoy my day knowing maisy was in very loving, capable hands. miles was sooo happy to have both his mom and dad all to himself on his special day. we got to ride all the rides together, first one being space mountain. we didn't tell miles anything about the ride other than it was a roller coaster. they have redone space mountain, and i think it is even darker and faster than before. that being the case, we couldn't see or hear what miles' reaction was to the ride... that was until we go off the ride. tears were flowing and he said "mom, why did i want to go on that ride?" he got a sticker, a hug and a kiss and we were on to the next ride. we didn't want to make a big deal about it, so he wouldn't freak out about it all day. he didn't, and the funny part is, if you ask him what is favorite thing about disneyland is, he tell you space mountain... kids just crack me up. i am so glad we decided to do this for his birthday... we all really enjoyed ourselves and the time we got to spend TOGETHER, something we haven't been able to do in a very long time.
3 comments:
Man, I don't check my e-mail for one whole day and now you've got a whole new blog with THREE posts!!!!!! Yea for the new blog :)
I love, love, love the tutu photos Anni did a great job. I can't wait to see them all.
I also love Miles as a pirate at D-land. I'm so glad you all had such a great time togehter..
Keep posting!
How fun! What a great idea. I'm sure he just loved having both of your attention all day to himself. Happy Birthday (belated) Miles!
Okay!?! What happened to Disney part 2? It was just there now it's gone! You must be editing at this moment. =) Guess I'll have to wait patiently to see cute lil' maisy in her disney hat!
Post a Comment