Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Our Easter festivities began on Saturday with bunny shaped pancakes. Then later in the day we dyed our eggs. The kids really enjoyed this. The kit I got this year had lots of fun extras, paint, stencils, stamps, stickers, glitter and beads. The eggs came out beautiful. Then in the evening the kids decorated mini "peep" houses. They came out cute, but weren't as much fun to decorate as I thought they would be. The kids really weren't that into it. We ended Saturday night watching the movie HOP.
Sunday morning, the kids were up around 8:30, when I came out to the living room, Miles was already dressed in his Easter clothes. So cute. We had breakfast and then headed out for the egg hunt. Off they went running and looking everywhere. They each got a basket full of eggs and were very happy. We came in and dug into there baskets the Easter Bunny left, then it was time to head out to brunch at Avila Gardens at Sycamore Springs. The weather was gorgeous. I booked our reservations here about 2 weeks ago. I wanted something other than a buffet. This had a special Easter menu and a kids menu as well. Each of the adult meals was $12 and the kids were $6.95, the portions and quality were amazing. After we ate, we went outside and played for a bit. Then we headed home. The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed and hung out with family.  We had a wonderful Easter, hope you all did as well.


















Easter Bunny "poop"...




The best thing they got in their baskets. Silly straw glasses. 

My AMAZING meal at brunch. Poached eggs, asparagus and pesto bruchetta.

Nana's Eggs Benedict

Miles' AWESOME french toast. 




Playing hide-and-seek after brunch. 

Miles hiding from his sister.

Climbing trees. 

Of course Maisy wanted to try too. 

1 comment:

Jody said...

looks like you had a great Easter! I love the bunny pancakes too!