Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the journey begins...





i signed maisy up for pre-school yesterday. she is all set to start in the fall except for one little challenge. we need to get her potty trained. we headed to target and picked out some big girl panties. we had the big girl panties talk and how she needs to tell mommy when she has to go. her potty is in the living room for quick access. i know this is going to be a long process and really push my patience, so to all of you out there who have potty trained girls, i can use ANY suggestions and tricks you may have.

wish us luck!!

4 comments:

tiffany said...

Good luck! I just have to say that Kira was sooooo much easier than the boys to potty train! She just seemed to want to do it more than the boys did. Stickers and a chart worked well for her, with a reward at the end of each milestone. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Joanna H. said...

I have no super tips. Just make sure you have quick access to a beer (or a spirit of choice). Paige was a breeze, Ally was a complete challenge.
My only tip would be to buy one pack of the trainer pants by gerber. They are a little thicker and if/when she tinkles it won't go all over your floor :)

ps. her little panty-bum is adorable :)

Jody said...

OMG!!! she is growing up too fast!!!! She is such a big girl now!

Marcia said...

I agree with Tiffany...I had a large "potty chart" in the bathroom, and stickers were earned with a reward after filling up a line. Also, the big reward was a trip to Disneyland (for the first time)when he was completely trained. You trained Miles...I think girls are supposed to be easier =)