Saturday, October 1, 2011

Halloween...

For the past few years, I have let Miles pick his costume, a skeleton, Darth Vadar, Boba Fett, Commander Fox. As you can see he REALLY likes Star Wars. So, I told Miles this year I am picking his costume, and it is going to be something that matches with his Maisy's costume. He wasn't too happy about it, but I told him if he did it this year, I wouldn't ask him to do it again. He went for it.
Now for the costumes, I am not big into reinventing the wheel, so if I can find cute, well made costumes online for a reasonable price, I am buying them... Plus, I don't know how to follow a pattern and I can't sew. It seems like a lot of work for something they will probably wear once. I found the costumes and they are cute. Miles LOOOVES his (to my great relief).
The thing I do make each year (thanks to Jojo) are the kids treat bags. I love coming up with ideas that go along with the kids costumes. This year I love the way Miles' came out, not thrilled with Maisy's but cute enough. Below are the pictures, can you tell what he kids are going to be this year?


Front

Back


7 comments:

Joanna H. said...

ah-FREAKIN-mazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For real??? Those are fabulous! I love both of them!!
Now I just need to pin them to my pinterest boards.

Joanna H. said...

i just clicked on Maisy's bag to see it bigger and saw the teeny tiny 'drink me' bottle. Girl, you have TALENT! The kids must be sooo excited!

Kelly said...

Super cute!!!

Alice in Wonderland this year... so fun!

Jody said...

I like what I am seeing. I think Miles is going to love being the Mad Hatter!

Christy Callaghan, The Modern SLP said...

LOVE THEM! Good job mommy.

Marcia said...

Those are great....can't wait to see the costumes too =)

charlotte said...

Yep, Maisy knew exactly what she was going to be. I jokingly asked her, Is Miles going to be the Mad Hatter and she said, "Yep". I actually thought she was lying (u can't always trust what comes out of her mouth- she told me she was in 2nd grade the other day). So cute.