Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Elf Russ...

"Where is the Elf, let's look for him?" That's what I have been hearing for the last two weeks. Well that dang elf has not shown up yet. (I think he may be lost!?!?)  He must have heard us, because this morning there was a "mini" letter waiting for the kids.  
Here's what it said:

Dear Miles & Maisy-
I am so sorry I have not made it to your house this year. I have been very sick with the flu, but I want you to know that I have been watching you very closely from the North Pole and reporting to Santa.
Miles, you have been a good boy this year, Santa and I are very proud.  You are doing so well in school, your report card was AWESOME! You are always kind and loving. Keep up the good work. Maisy, you are a wonderful little girl, but you have been having some trouble being a good girl and listening to your mom and dad. I know you love your brother very much, but you need to stop teasing him and please stay out of his room.  You have two weeks to be a better listener and to stop bugging your brother. Please try your best, this will make me and Santa very happy. When you write your letters to Santa, leave them out for me, and I will make sure he gets them.
I am sorry I couldn’t make it to your house this year, but know that I miss you and love you.
Merry Christmas!
xoxo
Russ

Miles thought it was the coolest thing. He said to me "Mom, he must have typed it on a little typewriter."
I am so glad it worked. Now hopefully Russ feels better by next year.  

No comments: