Tuesday, January 19, 2010
rain, rain go away... (not really)
it has been raining here in santa maria like crazy. the wind is blowing really hard too. lots of friends have lost electricity. yesterday afternoon we went to the grocery store and when we walked it, it was dark. albertsons had lost electricity and was running on generators. all the coolers were covered with cardboard to keep the cold in. i tried to take a picture, but of course my card was not in my camera. so i took this picture in my backyard. when i measured it, the rain was at about 2.5 inches. the weather men are saying possibly 8 inches of rain. that would be great for the lakes. i'll keep you updated on how much rain we get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you..I'm a 'conditional' rain lover. I like it when I'm NOT at work, especially since we'er in the portable farthest from the offic/cafeteria/teacher's lounge/restroom. As a teacher I especially love indoor recesses (do I sound bitter? Eh, imagine we've still got three more days of rain left) Maybe now would be a good time to stop by my work-place and watch me have a tantrum ;)
Post a Comment