Sunday, March 4, 2012

LIVE with Kelly

A few weeks ago I was watching LIVE with Kelly and they announced that they were going to be in LA filming an after the Oscars show. All you had to do was sign up for a chance to get tickets to see the show. I forgot I even signed up, but about two weeks after I got an e-mail saying congratulations, you got tickets to the show. I wasn't sure if I was going to go, but I thought what the heck when will I get this chance again. I invited my sister-in-law Jody to come with me because she lives down in Costa Mesa. My mother-in-law decided to come too because she hadn't seen Jody's apartment and she thought it would be fun to be in LA when the Oscars were happening. Susan and I drove down on Saturday and spent the night at Jody's. We had an awesome dinner and spent the next day shopping. We headed up to LA late afternoon. Our hotel was on Sunset Blvd. walking distance to the Kodak theater where the Oscars were happening. We decided to walk up and see what we could see. We were disappointed when we got to Hollywood and Vine and the whole block was shut down. There was security everywhere. They wouldn't even let you walk by. Oh well. We had another great dinner and headed back to the hotel to watch the Oscars. Jody and I had to get up at 2:00AM to be at the Hollywood Bowl to take the bus to the Kodak Theater. After being told by the parking lot attendant that they had closed and were not letting anyone in, we made it. We had to wait outside for about 2.5 hours, but then we were on the bus and in the theater. It was pretty cool thinking that just a few hours before movie stars were walking through those halls and sitting in those seats. The show was great. Neil Patrick Harris was the co-host and the guests were Octavia Spencer Best Supporting Actress winner for The Help, and Best Actor Winner Jean Dujardin. Cirque de Soliel performed and Isaac Mizarahi gave the best and worst dressed report. Kelly Ripa is hilarious and so small. We had a really fun time and glad we took the time to go. 

We were seated in the very top balcony. 





Blurry, but that is Octavia Spencer and her OSCAR.


Kelly and Neil Patrick Harris talking to the audience during commercials. 

The spouses, Mark Consuelos, Kelly's husband and David Burtka Neil's husband. 


This is where the red carpet was. By the time we got out of the show, they had already torn it up. 


3 comments:

Lynnette said...

Wow, it must have been a great show! Awesome shirt!

Joanna H. said...

So fun! Looks like you had a howlin' good time ;)

Kelly said...

What a fun thing to get to go see! I'm surprised you were seated in the back row with that rockin' shirt on! I think Issac should have included you on the "Best dressed" list! =)