Tuesday, September 16, 2008

bath time




i usually sit maisy in her bumbo on the floor in the bathroom while i give miles a bath.  while miles is playing in the tub, i put maisy's feet in the water.  it was obvious she wanted to get in the water with miles, so i thought why not.  maisy does not sit by herself yet, but miles was more than willing to be the awesome big brother he is and hold her.  
she absolutely loved sitting in the warm tub with her brother.  she kept looking at the bubbles, not really sure what they were.  she had fun splashing and kicking her feet. 
i can't believe how big both my kids are getting.  it seems like yesterday, i was still giving miles a bath in the infant tub.  now he is holding his 6 month old little sister in the big boy tub.   




time is moving so fast.  i am trying to treasure every minute of everyday.  when i am having a bad day and can't pull myself out of "the funk",  all i have to do is look at my two beautiful, amazing children and know that life is truly good. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could just cry....I can't believe how big they are both getting. Miles, I remember giving you your first bath.
It really makes ME feel old when I see these pictures.
You are very fortunate Karen and I know you realize that.

tiffany said...

No crying, ladies, or I may start! The picture of Miles kissing her head is just adorable. But you gotta love the last one where Maisy looks like she's thinking "what the ..." Too cute!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

So cute. What a great big brother she has =)

Marcia

Anonymous said...

Love the bath pictures, Cody is still a bath taker,says he just wants to relax. If his dad has time he'll play cowboys and Indians with the plastic toys. Shooting rubberbands to knock them down. I still remember the first time Cody was so excited....Yes Karen when your in a "funk" your right you just have to look at your kids and you know you're truly blessed. Yes, I'm crying, but I just can't help it.
Auntie Ann

Anonymous said...

as always...too cute!! :)jr