Monday, September 1, 2008

family fun at the ravine




david has been working crazy hours lately.  i have kind of been feeling like a single mom.  his deadline at work is the end of this week,  we are all looking forward to getting back on our regular family schedule.  luckily, david had yesterday and today off so we got to spend a lot of quality time together.  yesterday we slept in and then had a late lunch at chili's.  miles has been seeing all the new clone wars toys and has been jonesin' to the see the original star wars movie.  so miles and david went to best buy and got it on dvd.  the two of them snuggled on the couch and watched the whole thing.  david said miles was totally into it.  today we got up and headed to the water slides in paso.  we had a blast!  we rented a cabana which was so helpful since we had maisy with us.  i was able to set up the pack -n-play for maisy to nap and play in.  unfortunately miles wasn't tall enough to ride the big water slides, but he had a ball on the kiddie slides, the wave pool and the lazy river.  maisy LOVED the lazy river too.  i think we will be spending alot of time at the ravine next summer.  the day ended with a delicious dinner at papa and sam- sam's (david's dad and step-mom).  we had a wonderful two days together.  can't wait for david to be done with this job, and we can get back to having our fun family weekends again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went there for the first time this summer and I LOVED it! I felt like the food was reasonably priced and renting a cabana is totally the way to go (I especially love the waitress :)

The lazy river was a total hit with my kids. I must say, Miles looks quite sporty in his pink tube, ha!

Bummer about Miles being too short fro the big water slides...Paige missed it by a smidge too, (but she's a drama queen and totally cried...ugh, never fails)

charlotte said...

man oh man miles, you're practically a grown man. i think you are spending as much time in the water as the latest olympian, phelps. anyways, auntie charlotte will be in california next month to soak in the jacuzzi with you and maisy. She looks sooo big since I last saw her. I'm really looking forward to our month together. Until then, I'm keeping busy with colonscopies in atlanta!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the perfect family outing! We need to go-with next time! xo jr

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. And nice to see David in some pictures again! Maisy really looks like Miles in that first picture. Too cute!

Tiffany

tiffany said...

I love the pictue of Miles shooting out of the slide! And it's nice to see pics of David again :). Maisy really looks like Miles in that first picture. So where's one of you?! Looks like y'all had a great time.

Tiff

tiffany said...

oops, didn't realize my post went through yesterday. It kept booting me back out so I thought it never went through. Oh well, you said you like lots of comments!

Tiff